Sunday, June 27, 2010

US Civil War: Rebel Camp


15mm Stone Mountain Miniatures CSA Camp


The other day I dusted off my CSA toolbox and assembled the ragged hordes that answered the call for a 2nd American War of Independance. I lined up some figures to obtain a photographic portrait of a manned defensive position. I wanted to take pictures of the 15 mm gabions that I had just painted.

Afterwards I embarked to add Litko magnetic underbases to my entire rebel army. I had put off the job for a while, being afraid that I'd want to rebase the entire force. That was not to be the case.


I also decided that it was time to change the look of my camp. Before the troopers were mounted on pennies and the tents were loose. I adopted the DBA/HOTT standard 40 mm x 40 mm element as the optimal for a tent. I had six remaining Gale Force 9 magnetic bases  left in my collection and felt project could use them.

  

The Stone Mountain Camp provided six resin tents and numerous figures in a number of different poses. Figures are shown resting, working or even drinking coffee. The female figure is a conversion. A stack of rifles is in front of each tent. The set included a wood stove and campfires (not shown). In my opinon a very good deal from Stone Mountain Miniatures.


No comments:

Post a Comment